Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Drug Store vs. High End (4 step faces)

Have you ever looked at someone's face and just melted? Makeup has become one of the loves of my life, and even though I'm young I have a very extensive collection. Everywhere I go I get the same questions. What kind of make-up do you use? Do you only use MAC? How do you do ______? In  this post we'll talk about some basic everyday essentials and then there will be a follow up with more extensive topics.

1. The fresh face.

         Before you apply any make-up, don't be triflin'. Wash those faces ladies and moisturize.  It doesn't matter what type of make-up you use. If that face is filled with past days make-up, oil, or anything else gross. Don't refer to it as beat. You need your ass beat. Sorry not Sorry.

2. Blemish Control

        To all those girls with the flawless skin, we hate you.  Number two is for the girls who have uneven skin but want that all over coverage.  Let me make this clear, if you're wearing both, it goes Concealer then Foundation. Never confuse it again. Many drug store brands don't have a concealer, but as far as foundation when I'm on a tight budget True Match by L'Oreal.  I'm a C6 on the compact as well as the liquid.  There are plenty of colors for my beautiful black girls, and they both cost about $10 each. For all my high-end ladies, Makeup Forever's HD High Definition Foundation, which is pretty pricey and MAC's Studio Finish Concealer. One of the major benefits of buying high-end makeup is that they'll match your colors for you. 

3. Blush

     Everyone who knows me knows I live for the rosey cheeks.  Blush is every girl's bestfriend no matter what color your skin is, you can find a great blush for your tones.  It's all about your skins undertones. Many of my chocolate beauties have purple undertones, which you should keep in mind while purchasing.  The light-skinned and medium complexions typically have more of a gold or orange base which you should see in the palettes.  Drug Store Divas use Covergirl's Classic Color. I'm 540 or rose silk, it's a pinky color that applies evenly.  My High End Hotties use Sephora's MicroSmooth.  I'm Guava Glow for that brand.  Sephora's was about $15 plus tax and the Covergirl's blush was about $6.

4. Lashes

      A little mascara will change you're life.  When you're lashes look good, you feel good. I always just buy a standard black.  For the drug store girls L'Oreal's Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara. It has a grade amount of both length and volume for lashes and costs about $9.  As far as the high-end girls, MAC's Haute and Naughty Lash  is FABULOUS.  I don't think I would persuade anyone to spend money excessively, but if you get an extra 20 use it wisely on this product.  It comes with two brushes...one to be haute and one to be naughty.  It costs about $25 plus tax, and it's worth every penny.

The Wrap Up- On a day to day bases all of the extra things aren't necessary.  These are a bit of my favorite types of both high end and drug store makeup.  We all have beauty, makeup is there to enhance that.

Go Beautify the World.


No comments:

Post a Comment